Notice about Job Postings: Each new job posting will be dated with its initial posting date, as well as projected deletion date. All job postings will be posted for 2 months and will then be removed to make space for more current postings. Postings will also be removed upon notification that the position has been filled.
(Posted December 12, 2018/Deletion February 12, 2019)
Therapy Assistant – Recreation
Fairview, Fairview Health Complex https://careers.albertahealthservices.ca/jobs/therapy-assistant-recreation-102406
The town of Fairview is located in the ‘Heart of the Peace’ country in beautiful northern Alberta. Residents enjoy a wide range of indoor and outdoor recreational activities including golfing, hockey, camping and swimming, just to name a few. Fairview also has great educational opportunities at the Fairview College Campus of the Grande Prairie Regional College (GPRC) including trades, agriculture and business programs. Pleasant summer days and midnight sunsets make living in Northern Alberta a truly unforgettable experience. If you welcome a different pace of life and look for the chance to use the full
scope of your clinical practice, Fairview could be the place for you. The Therapy Assistant – Recreation provides program and patient support as a key member of the Recreation Therapy team in Fairview Long Term Care. As a Therapy Assistant in Long Term Care you are responsible for planning and implementation of individual and group social, leisure and respite activities. The long term care facility has a passenger bus that is used for community outings with residents. The Therapy Assistant will play a key role in supporting clients to participate in recreational programming working in collaboration with and under the support of the Recreation Therapist. Duties include social and leisure program planning and implementation, respite services, program organization, and support of daily activities. In addition to a competitive rate of pay, AHS currently has a Remote Retention Allowance in place to an annual maximum of $3,000. This allowance is non-pensionable and is payable on an hourly basis for all hours paid at the basic rate of pay.
As a Therapy Assistant, you will work both individually and as part of an interprofessional team under the assignment, monitoring and evaluation of an audiologist, occupational therapist, physiotherapist, recreation therapist or speech-language pathologist. You will contribute to effective and efficient rehabilitation services including direct and indirect client care across the health care continuum (healthy living, getting better, living with illness and disability, end of life care) for all ages, as well as non-client service provision. This role will require you to work effectively with internal and external partners, and
display professionalism and strong ethics in both client centered care and participation in care teams. You will demonstrate evidence of reflective thinking and lifelong learning that enhances individual and team competency. You will have opportunities to use your interpersonal and clinical skills in contributing to quality improvement, program planning and student supervision.
• Classification: Therapy Assistant
• Union: HSAA Facility PROF/TECH
• Department: NZ FRV HC Recreation
• Primary Location: Fairview Health Complex
• Multi-Site: Not Applicable
• FTE: 1.00
• Posting End Date: 07-JAN-2019
• Employee Class: Regular Full Time
• Date Available: 17-JAN-2019
• Hours per Shift: 7.75
• Length of Shift in weeks: 2
• Shifts per cycle: 10
• Shift Pattern: Days
• Days Off: Saturday/Sunday
• Minimum Salary: $24.08
• Maximum Salary: $30.18
• Vehicle Requirement: Driver’s License, Vehicle Provided
Required Qualifications: Completion of diploma from an accredited post-secondary rehabilitation Therapy Assistant program or equivalent training may be considered.
Additional Required Qualifications: As Required.
Preferred Qualifications: Class 3 license is an asset.
(Posted December 12, 2018/Deletion February 12, 2019)
Renfrew Educational Services is a not-for-profit, registered charity operating as an independent school. We are an acknowledged leader in program development for children with special needs and children who are typically developing. For 45 years Renfrew has offered a wide range of programs and services to children from Calgary and surrounding areas.
JOB TITLE: Speech-Language Pathology Assistant
LOCATION: Community Services – Tsuut’ina Education South Calgary
CONDITIONS: 0.8 FTE – term position from Jan 7 to Jun 28, 2019 _____________________________________________________________ We are offering a unique opportunity for a 0.8 FTE Speech-Language Pathology Assistant to work with Tsuut’ina Education in South Calgary.
Some of the responsibilities of this position will include:
Support the Speech-Language Pathologist under their direct supervision to facilitate the research, preparation and delivery of the intervention programs;
Deliver intervention prepared by therapists within the school classrooms including:
- develop strategies and assist children/students in language development;
- collect and set up materials for classroom use;
- working with individuals, small groups and classroom settings;
- act as liaison between teacher and therapist.
- with teacher and team with planning and/or modifying the curriculum/daily plan to meet child’s needs and address IPP goals;
- with team members to develop strategies, programming and materials.
Planning and preparation:
- plan intervention programs with therapist;
- prepare and organize resources for the programs;
- research new materials;
- maintain intervention material.
- Post Secondary education in a related field required;
- At least 1-year experience working with children in an education environment;
- Understanding of and/or work experience with Indigenous Peoples;
- Priority will be given Indigenous applicants or those who have experience working within a reserve setting;
- Must have a clean, valid Alberta driver’s licence and a reliable vehicle.
Submit your letter of interest and a current resume to:
Human Resources, firstname.lastname@example.org fax to Human Resources at 403-291-2499
CLOSING DATE: Monday December 17th, 2018, by 12:00 noon
Please be advised that Renfrew reserves the right to limit the number of applicants that will be interviewed