To ensure that Physical Therapy Assistants, Occupational Therapy Assistants, Recreation Therapy Assistants, and Speech-Language Pathology Assistants are an integral part of health care in Alberta.
- To support the professional needs of Therapy Assistants.
- To assist with the growth and development of our members.
- To work in collaboration with the professional colleges.
- To maintain and improve the current Therapy Assistant standard of qualifications by implementation of the Therapy Assistant Association of Alberta Certification Program. This has already been achieved.
- The Therapy Assistant Association of Alberta is committed to ensuring in the future that Therapy Assistants become a regulated/licensed profession. This will ensure the highest level of professional, quality therapy.
Note: At this time Therapy Assistant’s are not regulated and our titles are not protected. Any company or school is free to develop and promote Therapy Assistant education programs.