Sturgeon Public Schools is currently seeking a Part Time Temporary (16 hours per week with the possibility of increasing) EA4 Assisting an Occupational Therapist (Occupational Therapy Assistant). The successful candidate will work under the supervision of Occupational Therapists to assist their work with preschool and kindergarten children requiring support at Landing Trail School in Gibbons, AB. with the possibility of travel to other schools. This assignment is subject to change based on operational requirements.
- Implement therapeutic activities and program plans designed by Occupational Therapists for individual children and groups of children
- Observe and document/track children’s progress and functional skills as directed by the Occupational Therapists and report regularly to the supervising therapist
The hourly rate is $24.41 – $31.23 as per the CUPE Collective Agreement
Qualification & Experience:
- Occupational Therapy Assistant Certificate/Diploma (or Occupational/Physical Therapy Assistant)
- Preference is given to applicants with experience and training with young children
- Valid Driver’s License required as travel within Sturgeon School Division is required
- Equivalencies that consist of a combination of education, knowledge, skills and abilities to formal education requirements may be considered
Should a qualified candidate not be identified, candidates with lesser qualifications could be considered at a lower classification on a temporary basis.
All new employees to Sturgeon Public Schools are required to submit an original, clear, current (within 6 months) Criminal Record Check with Vulnerable Sector included prior to commencement of employment (from your local RCMP station).
Applications for this position will be accepted online only at www.sturgeon.ab.ca
|All completed applications received by the deadline will be considered.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.